This week of Money May was all about clearing the decks or, to put it simply, decluttering. My good friend Emma – AKA Miss Manifestation – says that her favourite thing to do is move house because it gives her the chance to declutter like crazy and open the energy up to new things.
Decluttering is your friend. Space is your friend. Let go of what is no longer serving you. Whether that’s things or situations or people. Take steps now to clear the space and be delighted at what rushes in to fill the void.
So, following her advice, I have finally completed my unpacking and found a place for everything. I have brought clothes and books to the charity shop and Chris has been busy making desks and shelves and organising his shed. It feels so good to have space for our own projects again and I now have a dedicated yoga and meditation space which I adore and which is making me feel so much more grounded and productive as a result.
As part of my whole “clearing your decks” theme this week I decided to make some changes online as well. So, if you look around the StretchBodyMind website you’ll see bright new logos on the sidebar and footer of each page. Each of these logos link to a course that I have done or a resource I have used and recommend.
- Right at the top we have the Max Strom weekend which I can promise will be a life-changing weekend! Seriously. Get yourself booked on NOW!
- This is followed by a sign-up form to the Weekly Stretch Note which I highly recommend if you want to keep up-to-date with the shenanigans of me and Foxy
- Then we have an exciting new link to the Curvy Yoga virtual studio which I’ve just started doing and I love. In fact, I love it so much I am currently training with the founder, Anna Guest-Jelley, to become the first Curvy Yoga Teacher in Scotland!
- Next up are some testimonials from former students that I’m very proud of
- Then we have a couple of my professional accreditations – the Yoga Alliance Professionals and my Coach Training
- The sidebar ends with a link to my Yoga Teacher Training and links to all my social media outlets
- At the end of each page there is a footer which has links to my 3 favourite personal and professional development programmes. These are Leonie Dawson’s Shining Business & Life Academy; Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map and Denise Duffield-Thomas’s Lucky Bitch Manifesting Course. I really rate all three of these programmes and suggest you click on the links and check them out for yourself.
The last link is all about a fantastic manifesting course, which brings me right back to the start of my post and the idea that you cannot manifest anything new into your life until you have cleared out the old stuff.
So, for me, it feels good to have bookshelves that are lightly less full and it has allowed me to rediscover old books I wanted to reread (or even start in the first place – yes Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Big Magic”; I’m looking at you!) It feels good to have a kitchen where we can find everything and I’ve even been cooking as a result. Finally, it feels AMAZING to have room to stretch and move and breathe every morning and my physical yoga practice is benefitting as a result but, more importantly, my business is benefitting too because I have the necessary headspace to be creative at long last. And I will tell you more about that next week…