PILATES INSTRUCTOR TRAINING FAQ
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
The StretchBodyMind Pilates Instructor Training has been designed with you in mind. It combines industry-accredited online training with incredibly comprehensive mentoring support and offers you the opportunity to start a new career sharing the work of Joseph Pilates without having to leave your house to do so! Click below to see if this course is suitable.
I'M ALREADY LEVEL 2 QUALIFIED
Yes, this course is suitable. However, you will still need to attend and complete the online training and 1-day assessment as well as the required online training to bring you up to Level 3.
QUALIFIED AS PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Yes, this course is suitable. However you would be expected to attend at least 2 or 3 Pilates classes to gain experience before you attend this practical course. This can be done online and Victoria can recommend some valid classes and teachers.
I DO NOT HOLD ANY TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS
Yes, this course is suitable, as it has been designed to help people improve their teaching ability and prepare for a career as a Pilates Instructor. You are fully supported by Victoria throughout your training journey.
HOLD A LEVEL 3 A& P QUALIFICATION
You will need to retake the paper again if your qualification is more than 2 years old. You will not need to take it again if this qualification is less than 2 years old (evidence must be supplied).
IS THE COURSE OFFICIAL PILATES TRAINING
Yes, the course is validated by the awarding body Active IQ as a Level 3 Pilates Matwork Instructor Diploma course. You will gain entry on the REPs register at Level 3 and gain 20 CPD points if you are already a REPs member.
CAN I CALL MY CLASS PILATES?
Yes you can, as you will be a fully qualified Pilates Matwork Instructor.
HOW IS THE COURSE ASSESSED?
The course is assessed by:
- completion of a Learner Achievment Portfolio (LAP)
- 2 internally marked exams
- a final practical assessment of your skills
WHAT IS THE CAREER PROGRESSION?
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- StretchBodyMind 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- StretchBodyMind 100-hour Meditation Teacher Training accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- Stretch & Play Pilates & Yoga for Kids Facilitator Training accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
SOUNDS GREAT! WHEN DOES IT START?
The course starts on 21st August 2021 and lasts for 4 months. Because it is an online training with StretchBodyMind Founder and Master Trainer Victoria it is designed around YOUR needs with a mixture of training and coaching sessions as well as access to an online studio for all the pre-recorded videos and PDFs.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Because we’re working online the sessions are shorter but much more intensive than in an in-person setting. Victoria will work with you to ensure that this course is completed in as little as three months and you will be assessed in month four. However, the 1-2-1 coaching gives us flexibility so this assessment will only take place when you feel ready.
GREAT! WHERE DO I PAY?
You can book your place by clicking HERE and paying a £525 non-refundable deposit.