PILATES INSTRUCTOR TRAINING FAQ
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
The StretchBodyMind Pilates Instructor Training has been designed with you in mind. It combines Industry accredited training with comprehensive mentoring support and offers you the opportunity to start a new career sharing the work of Joseph Pilates without having to leave your current job to do so. Click below to see if you this course is suitable for you.
I'M ALREADY LEVEL 2 QUALIFIED
Yes, this course is suitable. However, you will still need to attend and complete the practical training and 1-day assessment as well as the required online training to bring you up to Level 3.
QUALIFIED AS PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Yes, this course is suitable. However you would be expected to attend at least 2 or 3 Pilates classes to gain experience before you attend this practical course.
I DO NOT HOLD ANY TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS
Yes, this course is suitable, as it has been designed to help people improve their teaching ability and prepare for a career as a Pilates Instructor.
HOLD A LEVEL 3 A& P QUALIFICATION
You will need to retake the paper again if your qualification is more than 2 years old. You will not need to take it again if this qualification is less than 2 years old (evidence must be supplied). The course will be then discounted by £50.00. (Terms & Conditions apply).
IS THE COURSE OFFICIAL PILATES TRAINING
Yes, the course is validated by the awarding body Active IQ as a Level 3 Pilates Matwork Instructor Diploma course. You will gain entry on the REPs register at Level 3 and gain 20 CPD points.
CAN I CALL MY CLASS PILATES?
Yes you can, as you will be a fully qualified Pilates Matwork Instructor.
HOW IS THE COURSE ASSESSED?
The course is assessed by:
- completion of a Learner Achievment Portfolio (LAP)
- 2 internally marked exams
- a final practical assessment of your skills
WHAT IS THE CAREER PROGRESSION?
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.