BECOME A Pilates Instructor
Lead a happy, active, healthy life as a full-time certified Pilates professional or add this teaching qualification to your existing career portfolio.
- You’re not a young thing and think it might take too long…
- You’re not a dancer and think it might be too complicated…
- You’re not a skinny minnie and think you won’t fit in…
I have the answer!
The StretchBodyMind Pilates Instructor Training has been designed with you in mind.
It combines industry-accredited training with comprehensive 1:1 mentoring support and offers you the opportunity to start a new career sharing the work of Joseph Pilates without having to leave your living room!
This course, which takes place online with StretchBodyMind Founder and Pilates Master Trainer Victoria Cunningham, consists of 4 three-hour intensive training sessions once a month, which can be broken into 12 one-hour coaching sessions once a week or 6 two-hour sessions every other week, depending on your preferred learning style. This is followed by video assessment approximately 6 weeks later.
It is a perfect mix of 1:1 coaching, mentoring and training together with self-directed study, personal accountability, practical action steps and resources.
Are you a Personal Trainer?
- Add this qualification to your personal training skillset
Are you a Fitness Instructor?
- Diversify your professional experience
Are you a Yoga Teacher?
- Bring something new to your yoga studio
Are you from a non-sports background?
- Start a brand new career as a Fitness Professional!
Because we’re working on a 1:1 basis, the sessions are shorter but much more intensive than in a class setting. As well as online pre-recorded videos in the StretchBodyMind Online Studio you will take part in live Zoom sessions with me which can be broken down into:
- 4 three-hour intensive training sessions once a month
- 12 one-hour coaching sessions once a week
- or 6 two-hour sessions every other week
depending on your preferred learning style. (I usually recommend a mixture of the three).
It will be expected that you complete work outside of those contact hours and you will receive email and Voxer support (Mon-Fri office hours) during the course to help you do this.
I will work with you to ensure that this course is completed in as little as three months and you will be assessed in month four. However, working 1:1 gives us flexibility so this assessment will only take place when you feel ready.
During the course you will learn the principles of Pilates Matwork as well as how to programme and instruct a series of Pilates Matwork sessions in a one-to-one or group setting. The course runs according to the StretchBodyMind principles of FOUNDATION, EXPRESSION & VISION.
Principles of Planning and Delivering Group Exercise;
Anatomy & Physiology for exercise and health;
History and Principles of Pilates.
Health & Safety in a fitness environment;
Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness;
Creating a series of Pilates Matwork classes.
Client interviews including postural assessment;
Teaching, adapting and progressing Pilates Matwork exercises;
This Level 3 diploma is certified by YMCA Awards and is recognised by CIMSPA (The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity).
You will also receive:
- one-to-one training by Pilates Master Trainer Victoria Cunningham
- a comprehensive training manual and supplementary textbook (and a couple of little surprises) posted out to you
- one year’s access to the StretchBodyMind online studio with Pilates Instructor Training pre-recorded videos and PDFs as well as recordings of all your 1-2-1 sessions
- lifetime access to my renowned Stretch Your Biz course and business skills support to become a LEADER and not just a teacher
“Pilates is the complete co-ordination of body, mind and spirit”
The course costs £2997.
This can be paid in full or with a deposit of £777 followed by 3 further instalments of £777.
*Please note if you are in the UK you can also pay by BACS*
Please make all BACS payments to:
Sort Code: 09-01-27
PAY YOUR DEPOSIT
You can book your place by clicking here and paying a £777 non-refundable deposit.
I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of engaging on a Pilates teaching qualification journey. The support, pace and materials are all excellent and Victoria is the icing on the cake, making you feel positive at all times.
~ Yvonne, 2021 Graduate
During the course you will complete a Learner Assessment Record and Assessment Workbook as well as sit multiple choice exam(s) in Anatomy & Physiology.
You will complete a practical assessment approximately 6 – 8 weeks after the course.
You will also be expected to submit evidence of personal matwork sessions and any observation hours and student teaching hours undertaken during the course which will complete your Learner Assessment Record and will be submitted for your final assessment.
- Unit 1: Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Unit 2: Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness
- Unit 3: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 4: Principles of Planning and Delivering Group Exercise
- Unit 5: Principles and Fundamentals of Pilates
- Unit 6: Plan and deliver a Pilates Session
I’m Victoria Cunningham, MAHons, MSc, SYT, HDipCT and I’ve been practicing Pilates since my first class in Australia in 2000. I trained to become a Pilates Matwork Instructor back in 2006 and have been teaching consistently since then.
In 2011 I became the first person in Northern Ireland to deliver the new Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork with Active IQ. I am now teaching the YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates (Practitioner) which I feel is more robust.
I am the Founder of StretchBodyMind and the Pilates Master Trainer for Platinum Training Institute – Ireland’s leading fitness training provider – and Fitness Academy Europe where I developed Yoga and Pilates training courses which are delivered throughout Europe and the Middle East. I am also the Creator of Yobarrelattes® Instructor Training and Stretch & Play Pilates & Yoga for Kids Facilitator Training.