BECOME A Pilates TEACHER
Lead a happy, active, healthy life as a certified Pilates professional or add this teaching qualification to your existing career portfolio.
- You’re not a young thing and think it might take too long…
- You’re not a dancer and think it might be too complicated…
- You’re not a skinny minnie and think you won’t fit in…
I have the answer!
The StretchBodyMind Pilates Instructor Training has been designed with you in mind.
It combines industry-accredited training with comprehensive mentoring support from a Pilates professional and offers you the opportunity to start a new career sharing the work of Joseph Pilates.
This course, which takes place in a Glasgow city-centre location with StretchBodyMind Founder and Pilates Master Trainer Victoria Cunningham, consists of 5 weekend training sessions over 5 months, followed by an assessment weekend 6 weeks later.
It is a perfect mix of group coaching, peer-to-peer mentoring and training together with self-directed study, personal accountability, practical action steps and resources.
Are you a Personal Trainer?
- Add this qualification to your personal training skillset
Are you a Fitness Instructor?
- Diversify your professional experience
Are you a Yoga Teacher?
- Bring something new to your yoga studio
Are you from a non-sports background?
- Start a brand new career as a Fitness Professional!
We meet one weekend a month from 10am to 4.30pm each day for 6 months:
- 27 & 28 January 2024
- 24 & 25 February 2024
- 23 & 24 March 2024
- 27 & 28 April 2024
- 25 & 26 May 2024
- 13 & 14 July 2024 (Assessment)
It will be expected that you complete work outside of those contact hours and you will receive email and WhatsApp support (Mon-Fri office hours) during the course to help you do this.
90% attendance is required to complete this qualification and any missed hours can be caught up so don’t panic if you have a pre-existing commitment on any of the dates.
During the course you will learn the principles of Pilates Matwork as well as how to programme and instruct a series of Pilates Matwork sessions in a one-to-one or group setting. The course runs according to the StretchBodyMind principles of FOUNDATION, EXPRESSION & VISION.
Providing a Positive Customer Experience
Anatomy & Physiology for exercise and health;
History and Principles of Pilates
Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness
Teaching Special Populations
Creating a series of Pilates Matwork classes
Client interviews including postural assessment
Teaching, adapting and progressing Pilates Matwork exercises
This Level 3 diploma is certified by YMCA Awards and is mapped directly to CIMSPA (The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) professional standards for a Core Group Exercise Instructor.
You will also receive:
- training by Pilates Master Trainer Victoria Cunningham
- comprehensive training materials and supplementary textbook
- one year’s access to the StretchBodyMind online studio with Pilates Teacher Training pre-recorded videos and PDFs
- There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification but some experience of Pilates Matwork classes is highly recommended
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication and IT pitched at level 2
“Pilates is the complete co-ordination of body, mind and spirit”
The course costs £2250
This can be paid in full or with a deposit of £250 and 4 monthly instalments of £500.
The course MUST be paid in full before we start. I do not offer refunds for course payments or deposits.
*Please note if you are in the UK you can also pay by BACS*
Please make all BACS payments to:
Sort Code: 09-01-27
PAY YOUR DEPOSIT
You can book your place by clicking here and paying a £250 non-refundable deposit.
I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of engaging on a Pilates teaching qualification journey. The support, pace and materials are all excellent and Victoria is the icing on the cake, making you feel positive at all times.
~ Yvonne, 2021 Graduate
During the course you will complete a Learner Achievement Record and Assessment Workbook as well as sit a multiple choice exam in Anatomy & Physiology.
You will complete a practical assessment 6 weeks after training.
You will also be expected to submit evidence of personal matwork sessions and any observation hours and student teaching hours undertaken during the course which will complete your Learner Achievement Record and will be submitted for your final assessment.
- Unit 1: Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Unit 2: Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness
- Unit 3: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 4: Principles of Planning and Delivering Group Exercise
- Unit 5: Principles and Fundamentals of Pilates
- Unit 6: Plan and deliver a Pilates Session
I’m Victoria Cunningham, MAHons, MSc, SYT, HDipCT. MIPHM and I’ve been practicing Pilates since my first class in Australia in 2000. I trained to become a Pilates Matwork Instructor back in 2006 and have been teaching consistently since then.
In 2011 I became the first person in Northern Ireland to deliver the new Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork with Active IQ. I am now teaching the YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates (Practitioner) which I feel is more robust.
I am the Founder of StretchBodyMind and the Pilates Master Trainer for Platinum Training Institute – Ireland’s leading fitness training provider – and Fitness Academy Europe where I developed Yoga and Pilates training courses which are delivered throughout Europe and the Middle East.
I am also the Creator of Yobarrelattes® Instructor Training and Stretch & Play Facilitator Training as well as a number of CPD courses for Yoga and Pilates Teachers through StretchBodyMind.